German Lagers: German Pilsner
Notes: The head should be dense, pure white and persistent.
- Color: Straw to pale
- Clarity: Appearance should be clear. Chill haze should not be present
- Malt Profile: A malty sweet aroma and flavor should be present at low levels. Bready or light biscuity attributes may be present.
- Hop Profile: Hop aroma and ﬂavor is moderate and pronounced, derived from late hopping (not dry hopping) with noble-type hops.
- Bitterness: Medium to high
- Fermentation: Fruity-ester and DMS should not be present. These are well attenuated beers.
- Body: Low to medium-low
Original Gravity °P:
Final Gravity °P:
Style info provided entirely or in part by the Brewers Association 2021 beer style guidelines.
14 German Pilsner Reviewed