German Lagers: Eisbock
Notes: This is a stronger version of Doppelbock. Traditionally, these beers were created by freezing a Doppelbock and removing the ice, thus concentrating the alcohol.
- Color: Light brown to black
- Clarity: Appearance should be clear. Chill haze should not be present
- Malt Profile: Sweet malt character is very high. Dark fruit flavors such as prune and raisin may be present
- Hop Profile: Hop aroma and ﬂavor is absent
- Bitterness: Very low to low
- Fermentation: Alcohol may be present in aroma. Fruity esters may be evident, but not overpowering. Diacetyl should not be present. Alcoholic strength is very high.
- Body: Very full
Original Gravity °P:
Final Gravity °P:
Style info provided entirely or in part by the Brewers Association 2021 beer style guidelines.