English Ales: Milk/Sweet/Cream Sout
- Color: Black
- Clarity: Opaque
- Malt Profile: Medium to medium-high. Malt sweetness, chocolate and caramel should contribute to the aroma and should dominate the ﬂavor proﬁle. Roast ﬂavor may be present. Low to medium-low roasted malt-derived bitterness should be present.
- Hop Profile: Should not be present
- Bitterness: Low to medium-low and serves to balance and suppress some of the sweetness without contributing apparent ﬂavor and aroma
- Fermentation: Fruity esters, if present, are low. Diacetyl should not be present.
- Body: Full-bodied. Body can be increased with the addition of milk sugar (lactose).
Original Gravity °P:
Final Gravity °P:
Style info provided entirely or in part by the Brewers Association 2021 beer style guidelines.
25 Milk/Sweet/Cream Sout Reviewed