American Ales: Wheat Wine
Notes: This style is brewed with at least 50% wheat malt.
- Color: Gold to black
- Clarity: Chill haze is acceptable at low temperatures
- Malt Profile: Bread, wheat, honey and/or caramel malt aromas and flavors are often present. High residual malt sweetness should be present.
- Hop Profile: Low to medium
- Bitterness: Medium to medium-high
- Fermentation: Fruity esters are often high and balanced by a complexity of alcohols and high alcohol content. Diacetyl is usually absent in these beers but may be present at very low levels. Phenolic yeast character, sulfur, and/or DMS should not be present. Oxidized, stale and aged attributes are not typical of this style.
- Body: Full
Original Gravity °P:
Final Gravity °P:
Style info provided entirely or in part by the Brewers Association 2021 beer style guidelines.