English Ales: English India Pale Ale
Notes: A wide range of hop varieties may be used for bitterness or for approximating traditional English hop character. The use of water with high mineral content may result in a crisp, dry beer rather than a malt-accentuated version.
- Color: Gold to copper
- Clarity: Chill haze is acceptable at low temperatures
- Malt Profile: Medium malt ﬂavor should be present
- Hop Profile: Medium to high, expressed as ﬂoral, herbal, earthy, stone fruit or other attributes from high hopping rates.
- Bitterness: Medium to high
- Fermentation: Fruity esters are medium to high. Traditional interpretations are characterized by medium to medium-high alcohol content. The use of water with high mineral content results in a crisp, dry beer with a subtle and balanced character of sulfur compounds. Diacetyl can be absent or may be present at very low levels.
- Body: Medium
Original Gravity °P:
Final Gravity °P:
Style info provided entirely or in part by the Brewers Association 2021 beer style guidelines.
6 English India Pale Ale Reviewed