German Lagers: Munich Helles
Notes: Many beer brands known as Austrian-Style Maerzen are nearly indistinguishable from Munich-Style Helles and are appropriately categorized here.
- Color: Pale to gold
- Clarity: Appearance should be clear. Chill haze should not be present
- Malt Profile: Malt aroma and ﬂavor are pronounced. Low levels of yeast-produced sulfur aromas and ﬂavors may be present. Malt character is sometimes bready and suggestive of lightly toasted malted barley. There should be no caramel character.
- Hop Profile: Hop aroma is not present to low. Hop ﬂavor is very low to low, derived from noble-type hops.
- Bitterness: Low, derived from European noble-type hops.
- Fermentation: Fruity esters, DMS and diacetyl should not be present. A very low level of sulfur attributes may be present in balance with other attributes.
- Body: Medium
Original Gravity °P:
Final Gravity °P:
Style info provided entirely or in part by the Brewers Association 2021 beer style guidelines.