German Lagers: Dortmunder Export
Notes: Traditionally, German-style Export beers were brewed to higher gravity/higher alcohol than domestic beers to promote longer shelf-life in export markets.
- Color: Straw to deep gold
- Clarity: Appearance should be clear. Chill haze should not be present
- Malt Profile: Sweet malt character should be low and should not be caramelly
- Hop Profile: Very low to low, derived from noble-type hops.
- Bitterness: Medium
- Fermentation: Fruity esters and diacetyl should not be present.
- Body: Medium
Original Gravity °P:
Final Gravity °P:
Style info provided entirely or in part by the Brewers Association 2021 beer style guidelines.
2 Dortmunder Export Reviewed