German Lagers: Munich Dunkel
Notes: Dunkels do not offer an overly sweet impression, but rather a balance between malt and dark malt sweetness and hop character.
- Color: Light brown to brown
- Clarity: Appearance should be clear. Chill haze should not be present
- Malt Profile: Malt character is low to medium, with chocolate, roast, bread or biscuit aromas and flavors contributed by using dark Munich malt or other specialty malts.
- Hop Profile: Very low to low, with attributes typical of noble-type hops.
- Bitterness: Medium-low to medium
- Fermentation: Fruity esters and diacetyl should not be present
- Body: Low to medium-low
Original Gravity °P:
Final Gravity °P:
Style info provided entirely or in part by the Brewers Association 2021 beer style guidelines.