American Ales: Cream Ale
Mild, pale, light-bodied ale. Hop bitterness and flavor range from very low to low. Hop aroma is often absent. These beers are crisp and refreshing, with pale malt character predominates. A fruity estery aroma is perceived.
Notes: These crisp and refreshing beers are fermented warm with ale or lager yeast and lagered cold
- Color: Straw to gold
- Clarity: Chill haze should be very low or not be present
- Malt Profile: The dominant flavor is of pale malt sweetness at medium-low to medium levels. Caramel malt attributes should be absent. Attributes typical of corn or other adjuncts may be present at low levels.
- Hop Profile: Hop aroma and ﬂavor is very low to low or may be absent
- Bitterness: Very low to low
- Fermentation: Low level fruity esters may be present. Sulfur and DMS are usually absent but may be present at extremely low levels. Diacetyl should not be present.
- Body: Low
Original Gravity °P:
Final Gravity °P:
Style info provided entirely or in part by the Brewers Association 2021 beer style guidelines.