American Lagers: California Common Beer
Notes: California Common beers are brewed with lager yeasts but fermented at warm temperatures like ales
- Color: Light amber to medium amber
- Clarity: Appearance should be clear. Chill haze should not be present
- Malt Profile: Medium level toasted and/or caramel malt attributes are present.
- Hop Profile: Low to medium-low
- Bitterness: Medium to medium-high
- Fermentation: Fruity esters are low to medium-low. Diacetyl should be absent.
- Body: Medium
Original Gravity °P:
Final Gravity °P:
Style info provided entirely or in part by the Brewers Association 2021 beer style guidelines.
2 California Common Beer Reviewed