English Ales: Baltic Porter
Notes: Baltic Porter is brewed with lager yeast and fermented and lagered cold producing a smooth beer. A low level of oxidation, if harmonious with other flavor components, is acceptable.
- Color: Black
- Clarity: Opaque. When clarity is perceivable, chill haze should not be present.
- Malt Profile: Malt sweetness is medium-low to medium-high. Distinctive malt aromas and flavors of caramelized sugars, dark sugars and licorice are present. Roast malt attributes may be present at low levels, but any bitterness or astringency should be in harmony with other flavor aspects.
- Hop Profile: Very low. Floral hop aroma can complement aromatics.
- Bitterness: Low to medium-low
- Fermentation: Due to its alcoholic strength, there may be very low to low levels of complex alcohol aromas and ﬂavors and/or higher levels of fruitiness suggestive of berries, grapes and plums, but not banana. Fruity esters, DMS and diacetyl should not be present.
- Body: Medium to full
Original Gravity °P:
Final Gravity °P:
Style info provided entirely or in part by the Brewers Association 2021 beer style guidelines.