Belgian and French Ales: Belgian Specialty Ale
- Color: Gold to light copper
- Clarity: Chill haze is acceptable at low temperatures
- Malt Profile: Malt aroma should be low. Caramel or toasted malt attributes are acceptable.
- Hop Profile: Very low to medium. Noble-type hops are commonly used.
- Bitterness: Low to medium
- Fermentation: Low to medium fruity esters are present. Yeast-derived phenolic spicy ﬂavors and aromas should be present at low to medium-low levels. Diacetyl should not be present.
- Body: Low to medium
Original Gravity °P:
Final Gravity °P:
Style info provided entirely or in part by the Brewers Association 2021 beer style guidelines.
No beers have been reviewed in the style.