American Lagers: American Lite Lager
Notes: Corn, rice or other grain or sugar adjuncts are often used. These beers are high in carbonation. Flavor attributes typical of beer are usually very low when present. Calories should not exceed 125 per 12-ounce serving. Low carb beers should have a maximum carbohydrate level of 3.0 gm per 12 oz. (355 ml).
- Color: Very light to pale
- Clarity: Chill haze should not be present
- Malt Profile: Very low
- Hop Profile: Absent to very low
- Bitterness: Absent to very low
- Fermentation: Fruity esters are usually absent but may be present at very low levels. Diacetyl should not be present. These beers are characterized by an extremely high degree of attenuation. Final gravity is often less than 1.000 (0.0 ºPlato).
- Body: Low with dry mouthfeel
Original Gravity °P:
Final Gravity °P:
Style info provided entirely or in part by the Brewers Association 2021 beer style guidelines.
4 American Lite Lager Reviewed