German Lagers: Rauchbier
- Color: Dark brown to very dark
- Clarity: Appearance should be clear. Chill haze should not be present
- Malt Profile: Medium to medium-high malt aroma and ﬂavor should be present with very low to medium-high beechwood smoke aromas and ﬂavors. Smoke flavors should be smooth, without harshness. Smoke ﬂavor may create a perception of mild sweetness.
- Hop Profile: Very low
- Bitterness: Medium, increasing proportionately with starting gravity.
- Fermentation: Fruity esters are usually absent, but if present should be very low. Diacetyl should not be present.
- Body: Medium to full
Original Gravity °P:
Final Gravity °P:
Style info provided entirely or in part by the Brewers Association 2021 beer style guidelines.
No beers have been reviewed in the style.