German Lagers: Doppelbock
- Color: Copper to dark brown
- Clarity: Appearance should be clear. Chill haze should not be present
- Malt Profile: Pronounced aromas and flavors of toasted malted barley. Some caramel and toffee character can contribute to complexity in a secondary role. Dark fruit flavors such as prune and raisin may be present. Malty sweetness is pronounced but should not be cloying. There should be no astringency from roasted malts.
- Hop Profile: Hop aroma is absent. Hop ﬂavor is low.
- Bitterness: Low
- Fermentation: Alcoholic strength is high. Fruity esters are commonly perceived at low to moderate levels. Diacetyl should not be present.
- Body: Full
Original Gravity °P:
Final Gravity °P:
Style info provided entirely or in part by the Brewers Association 2021 beer style guidelines.